Photography courtesy of Melanie Els Photography.
Sewing gives kids, the chance to be creative,
Enables kids to use mental energy and critical thinking.
Sewing teaches children perseverance in order to complete sewing projects.
Each student that completes their garment, will receive a Soft Skill Sewing Certificate.
Children will receive individual assistance from NWSD fulltime students.
HOLIDAY SEWING FUN
18 – 20 JUNE 2019
Day 1: Get to know your machine with loads of fun sewing projects.
Day 2: Cut and Sew your own dress.
Day 3: Dress-up, we will have a Fashion
WHAT WILL THEY MAKE?
- They can make a tunic top or tunic dress. Choose from
straightcut, A-line or a slightly flared silhouette.
- Each child will select their perfect pattern size and length by first fitting on our NWSD sample range.
- NWSD will offer a whole variety of materials and colours to choose from.
WHAT DO THEY NEED?
Each student will select their fabric from the fabrics supplied by NWSD.
This is to ensure that their first garment is made with a “starter fabric” that is easy to sew.
We will ensure to have a variety of prints and colours to choose from.
You can let us know what your favourite colour is, and we will include it in the selection.
Each student requires to bring the following; if you don’t have this at home, please ensure to order your sewing kit with registration – R250
• Hand sewing needles, machine needles, fabric
Please ensure that your personal machine (if you bring it from home) that it is serviced and in good working order.
If you don’t have a sewing machine, NWSD will be in a position for rent at R100 rental. (Please pre-book this)
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING WATER AND SNACKS.
Join classes at North West School of Design
1 B Joe Slovo Road (Oudorp Pharmacy Complex)
Next to Unie School – Klerksdorp
HOW DO I PAY?
REGISTRATION FEE: R200-00
This is your booking fee, which ensures your seat in
COURSE FEE: R590-00
Please pay this on or before your first class.
PHOTOSHOOT FEE: R100-00
Please pat this on or before your first class.
SEWING KIT FEE: R250-00
If you need this, please pay this with
MACHINE RENTAL FEE: R100-00
Please pay this with registration.
First National Bank
Branch code: 24 02 38
Account Number: 621 0603 2866
Account Name: Protocol General Sales TA NWSD
Ref: Sewing Fun Surname
HOW DO I REGISTER?
1. Request the Registration Document from firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively, you can contact us on 018-462 5149.
2. Complete the registration form, sewing kit fee payment, machine rental payment.
3. Email the proof of payment and completed forms to email@example.com.
With your registration, ensure to inform us;
• Whether you require a sewing kit?
• Whether you need to rent a machine from NWSD? and
• What your favourite colour is.